- Arnold Roth joined Rube Goldberg and Mort Walker as the only recipients of the Golden T-Square (for 50 years as a professional cartoonist). Who’s next on this august list?
- Is a Huntington Beach California fest-type-Reubens a done deal for next year’s? Sounded like it.
- Kudos to the NCS Voting Base for once again not forgetting that old(er) white males have something to contribute.
- Philadelphia is great city.
- Was that the lowest percentage of winners to be in the house?
- “I hear the next AAEC convention might be its last.”
- Nice Job, Morrisons.
- Standing ovation from the crowd for the “Women Pioneers of Cartoon Art” session with Jan Eliot, Sandra Bell-Lundy, Barbara Dale, Lynn Johnston, Ann Telnaes and Cathy Guisewite is a really cool thing.
- “Are those tux slacks a bit snug, JG?”
- Philly citizens are not afraid to introduce themselves on the street and then cry.
- How about the voices on the Von Traptullis?
From Special Correspondent to the Daily Cartoonist -John Glynn
Send your news tips, gossips and tidbits to email@example.com