Today marks Jim Davis’ 30th anniversary of the launch of Garfield. Here is a round up of all things Garfield for the day.
The Times Online (Uk) takes a look at the Garfield empire that is estimated at $750 Million to $1 Billion last year.
Newslink Indiana interviews Jim Davis. They’ve also posted a video portion of the interviews. Here are the 6 clips.
- question 1: how did garfield get started?
- question 2: what does garfield’s 30th birthday mean to you?
- question 3: could you describe your creative process?
- question 4: is garfield’s personality based on cats or humans?
- question 5: why did you make garfield like lasagna?
- question 6: what is odie’s purpose in the comics?
Several tribute sites have popped up over the years. Some have received praise and press coverage of late. Some are older and more obscure.
Searching on the keyword “Garfield” on YouTube returns 9,620 results. Way to many to post here. If you didn’t like the tribute video above, feel free to visit YouTube and find your own.